Where is ObjectFactory?

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Hi, I've downloaded the latest source from github and I don't find the class ObjectFactory. Have you removed it? Cheers Federico
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Hi,

The ObjectFactory was part of the provider model, a completely custom model for mef with its own composition logic etc.

Due to time constraints and the fact that the mef team introduced new features in a rapid pace, it. Was not kept feature compatible with mef.

It was removed when we migrated to mef 1.0 and. Net 4

What functionality did provide with the help of the ObjectFactory? Maybe we can offer the same in some other form or implement a missing feature

Thanks

On Aug 19, 2010 11:44 AM, "federicoD" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi, I've downloaded the latest source from github and I don't find the class ObjectFactory. Have you removed it? Cheers Federico

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEFContrib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEFContrib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I'm trying to load plugins in another AppDomain.

Now I'm using a previous version of MefContrib, and I can load plugin in a secondary AppDomain but seem that the DefinitionProviderPartCatalog doesn't manage Metadata.
Is that right?

Thanks
Federico

Aug 25, 2010 at 12:46 PM

In order to manage different AppDomains I'm working with Importable, Exportable, AttributedDefinitionProvider and so on.
Can I define import and export with strongly type metadata with the current release of MefContrib?

Thanks
Federico