Reaching out to the community

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Edited Mar 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Thank you for stopping by!

MEF Contrib is a community-developed library of extensions to the Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) and developed under the MicrosoftPublic License (Ms-PL).

We would very much like to hear from you,the MEF user, on what you think would be a great addition to the Managed Extensibility Framework. Missing a feature? Wish something worked differently? Let us know! Getting insight on how MEF is used and how you would like to use MEF will enable us to set a heading for the project.

Not only that but perhaps you have some MEFcode that you think others would find useful? Perhaps you have already taken advantage of the extensibility points in MEF and would like to share with the MEF community? We are looking for developers to join our project and help it grow!

At the time when this post is made, MEF Contrib currently is in version 0.4.0.0 (first public release, targeting the Preview 4 drop of MEF, hence the 0.4 in the version string) and it contains a custom programming model which adds a while plethora of goodies for MEF, andthe model is still in its infancy.

The idea is to run MEF Contrib just like any of the other Contrib projects out there and in order to do that we need to reach out to the MEF community and get the developers to contribute, so do you want to join? Let us know!

So please discuss! What’s missing in MEF? What’s not working like you need/want to? Have you written something that others would find useful and would like to join the project as a contributor?

Mar 10, 2009 at 6:22 PM
Is anyone working on a replacement for the priority/default system in MEF. I am not convinced it will work for me, and while I'm part way down an atlternative path, I would not mind having some friends along the way.
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Well I have my custom model as part of MEF contrib. I plan on adding default value support in the next drop, but I'm still sketching out how it should work so all ideas and suggestions are welcome. Have a look at my provider model, especially the Definition Providers..I need a way to specify defaults for any generic definition provider.. or perhaps add it into the container itself.. that shouldnt be that hard to do actually.. might draft it tonight..

Could you explain a bit more about priority support? How would that work?

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:22:33 -0700
Subject: Re: Reaching out to the community [MEFContrib:49680]

Is anyone working on a replacement for the priority/default system in MEF. I am not convinced it will work for me, and while I'm part way down an atlternative path, I would not mind having some friends along the way.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEFContrib@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email MEFContrib@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com