MEFContrib and MVC

Sep 26, 2009 at 4:33 AM

Is anyone doing work around combining MEFContrib with MVC? I'm really interested in doing away with the manual wireup of controllers and integrating with security(IPrincipal and IIdentity) and sitemap type functionality.

I'm very interested in this and would love to contribute!

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Also - let me know if there are other areas you are looking for help as well.

-Steve

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Hey!

We'd love to have any contributions you want to add. I'd like for the contributions to come with unit tests since it makes it alot eaiser to verify that contributions doesn't break

when we want to publish a new version, for example when a new version of MEF is released we want to make sure there's no breaking changes. You can check the existing code

to see how it's structured with namespaces and tests. Also, some documentation for your features would rock, so that it can be added to the project wiki.

If you want to chat further, let me know and we can hook up on msn/gtalk/skype

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Thanks for the reply, this all sounds good - I personally find it harder to code without unit tests and it's much easier to understand MEF itself with the set of unit tests that are already there.  A couple of quick question to get me started:

1. Are there any wishlists that you guys want to see from a contribution standpoint - I have my thoughts on the MVC side, but also want to be a team contributor where needed.
  2. Is any documentation on the wiki being driven from code comments (using sandcastle or the like)?  Having more general documentation is definitely needed, but I'd like to understand if the code comment audience is focused beyond the intellisense consumer.
  3. When an area is picked, should I float the namespace discussion immediately or just plan to refactor as we go forward?
Thanks again, I'm looking forward to it.  I'll check out the code submission procedure this evening.

-Steve

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:21 AM, thecodejunkie <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey!

We'd love to have any contributions you want to add. I'd like for the contributions to come with unit tests since it makes it alot eaiser to verify that contributions doesn't break

when we want to publish a new version, for example when a new version of MEF is released we want to make sure there's no breaking changes. You can check the existing code

to see how it's structured with namespaces and tests. Also, some documentation for your features would rock, so that it can be added to the project wiki.

If you want to chat further, let me know and we can hook up on msn/gtalk/skype

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEFContrib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEFContrib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com