Seems to be something missing

Apr 18, 2009 at 10:15 PM
I downloaded the 0.4.0.1 release and tried to follow some examples on your blog, but it seems like a large part of the libraries are missing. None of you examples work because thing you reference don't exist in the libraries or the source code. Ditto with release 0.4.0.0. Am I missing something obvious here or is this only for project members?
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2009 at 6:46 AM
you need the ordinairy MEF binaries (System.Component.Composition.dll) as well

To: [email removed]
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:15:53 -0700
Subject: Seems to be something missing [MEFContrib:53736]

I downloaded the 0.4.0.1 release and tried to follow some examples on your blog, but it seems like a large part of the libraries are missing. None of you examples work because thing you reference don't exist in the libraries or the source code. Ditto with release 0.4.0.0. Am I missing something obvious here or is this only for project members?
Apr 24, 2009 at 12:52 AM
I started with the MEF binaries and added the contrib later. After debugging with the source code for both I think I'm using a later version of MEF than the current Contrib release supports. Using the example on this web site I found a number of classes and exception names had changed names or namespaces, and corrected them. However, I never found the class IMefApplication in either set of libraries. I assume this is a class that was in MEF?
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2009 at 7:25 AM
Oh yeah!
Sorry about that! I've been so busy the last couple of months (new baby) that I completly forgot to publish the 0.5.0.0 release of MefContrib (compatible with MEF Preview 5).. I will get to it this weekend, possibly as early as tonight (GMT+1)

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:52:13 -0700
Subject: Re: Seems to be something missing [MEFContrib:53736]

I started with the MEF binaries and added the contrib later. After debugging with the source code for both I think I'm using a later version of MEF than the current Contrib release supports. Using the example on this web site I found a number of classes and exception names had changed names or namespaces, and corrected them. However, I never found the class IMefApplication in either set of libraries. I assume this is a class that was in MEF?
Apr 24, 2009 at 3:51 PM
It was my mistake not to read the notes until after trying. Sorry for the trouble. Looking forward to giving this a whirl.